In ACTIVIDADES EN UTAH Conference Padres Parenthood Parenting Uplift Families

2015 Uplift Families Parenting Conference/ Conferencia Para Padres

par·ent·hood:

"parenthood is the toughest, most rewarding job you'll ever have"

The meaning of Parenthood couldn't be more accurate then the one above. I love been a parent even on the worse days imaginable, I wouldn't change it for anything in this world. I'm a strong believer that your children help you become the person you are meant to be on this beautiful earth. When I became a parent for the first time, I was scared, filled with excitement, so many of my emotions were all over the place. I was scared I was going to fail in the whole parenting thing. I remember driving to Barnes and Noble at least once a week to buy a new parenting book. By the end of my pregnancy my bookshelf that had been empty for years became a bookshelf filled with baby books, parenting books, how to raise a son and so on. What I didn't know was that I could read a million books but none of those books where going to be my parenthood manual. It was going to be an adventure that only me and my husband could experience.
Now let's fast forward to 13 years later and I wish I could say I have this whole parenting thing down to a 10. But let's be realistic, it's a never ending learning experience. Generations are changing and our kids now days are learning things much faster then we did when we were their age, their exposed to so many more things through social media and friends. Personally for me I made it a goal when my kids were little that I would always be involved in their school life, their education, through their school PTA and Community Council, to continue learning and educating myself.


A few weeks ago we had the pleasure of attending a luncheon with The First Lady of Utah Jeanette Herbert at The Governor's Mansion. It was definitely a once in a lifetime experience. We learned a little more about her initiative program Uplift Families.

Uplift Families is the official initiative of Utah's First Lady and a non-profit foundation dedicated to providing resources for parents that can improve parenting skills and keep children safe from negative societal influences. Utah Mama Latina believes in the power that comes through strengthening our families and bringing about change within our communities. 

We invite you to come to the 2015 Uplift Families Parenting Conference, hosted by The First Lady of Utah, Jeanette Herbert. The event will take place Saturday, September 19th at 5:30 pm at the Thanksgiving Point Show Barn. Let's get inspired, educated and entertained by well-known speakers and experts on the family. Enjoy dinner, dessert, music, exhibits and prizes! 

Make it a date night or come with friends. We hope to see you all there!!! 

This year's presenters include: Matt Townsend, Brad Barton, Carmen Rasmusen Herbert, Clay Olsen and Lucy Delgadillo. We'll also have a special performance by Joshua Creek! 

Tickets are $25.00 per couple or $15 for individual. Seating is Limited. 

We have a very special code for our Utah Mamá Latina readers. Use Code: Latina2015 to receive $5 off your ticket. 
https://register.growtix.com/e/2015_uplift_families_parenting_conference
To buy tickets visit https:e//register.growtix.com/e/2015_uplift_families_parenting_conferenc
Dennissa Talking with the First Lady of the State of Utah Jeannette Herbert
Ani and Dennissa at the Governor's Mansion in Salt Lake City

Uplift Families Blogging Partners with the First lady of the State of Utah

Photo Credits: Aly Brooks at Entirely Eventful


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Archive

Copyright © 2014 Utah Mamá Latina. Powered by Blogger.