In 4th of July Wreath DIY Y CRAFTS Wreath

Month of July Wreath

Hey all! I hope your 4th of July celebration was wonderful! Ours sure was. We started the day by sleeping in and ended it with watching fireworks with family and friends. In between, we celebrated my nephew William's 12th birthday! On the bummer side, my other nephew, Brandon, had his appendix removed so he missed out on the fun. 
Here, we do things a little bit different in the month of July. Our celebrations on the 4th are just the beginning. On the 24th of July we celebrate the trek of the Pioneers across the plains to reach Utah. There are parades, days off, and fireworks. Therefore, the patriotic theme stays put the entire month. In other words, I am justifying the delayed project I am going to show you today. 

My front door wreath:

I found this idea on Pinterest and thought it would be cute and super easy to do. It was.
I got the letter at Hobby Lobby for 60% off! Score! I painted the entire letter white and then used painters tape to mark off the red stripes and the blue on the top. No measuring = abstract art. I'm ok with that. It looked like a candy cane or a Christmas stocking until the stars and the blue were added. Phew..... Of course, I messed up on the stripes but instead of fixing it, I decided I liked whatever it was so it stayed.



Related Articles

Search This Blog

Archive

Copyright © 2014 Utah Mamá Latina. Powered by Blogger.